Principle Features of the Maluku Dragonfly:
• Construction: PU/PE (polyurethane blank with polyester resin) with a standard glass job (1 x 4oz layer on the bottom, 2 x 4oz layers on the deck)
• Shaper: Bill Attlee
• Fin System: FCS II
• Fin Set-Up: 5-fin (surf as a thruster or a quad)
• Fins Included: 5 x FCS II fins.
• Outline: Plenty of surface area combined with graceful curves, with straightish rails leading into the double-bump wings
• Nose: Fairly full performance nose
• Tail: Double Wing Rounded pin
• Rocker: Moderately high lift in the nose, short flat midsection to moderate tail lift
• Bottom Shape: Single concave in the nose to midpoint flowing into a double concave with slight ‘vee’ in the tail.
• Rider Ability: Intermediate to expert
• Suitable Conditions: 2-8ft – the Dragonfly is a classic one-board quiver.
Designed by Bill Attlee the DragonFly is a derivative of the Escape Peanut, probably one of the biggest selling short boards in its guise as Peanut or 4th Chilli Bean and Hot Chilli. If you’ve only got space in your board bag for one surfboard, or you’re simply after a dependable and performance-oriented all-rounder, Maluku’s brand-new Dragonfly model ticks all the right boxes. Equally happy in waist-high mush and solid overhead surf, the Dragonfly is a great option for intermediate or advanced surfers looking for a board that will handle a whole gamut of conditions.
With its volume and surface area concentrated under your chest, the Dragonfly is a swift paddler and easy to duck-dive. Following an easy take-off, it drives down the line with heaps of speed and control, making challenging sections with ease, and responds well to pumping through softer parts of the wave thanks to the deep concaves. Meanwhile, the double wing enables hard and sharp turns in the pocket or out on the face of the wave.
The Dragonfly’s one-board-quiver credentials are further solidified by the various options with the fin set-up. Surf as a quad for hold and drive in fast sectioning waves, or if you fancy a change from the standard thruster feel.
Supplied with a set of FCS11 black fins, but we recommend that after trying the board for a few sessions you upgrade the fins to stiffer composites that suit your weight and the conditions you are most likely to be surfing your DragonFly
Here's a video made by the Surfdome crew:
Height Width Thickness Volume (Ltr)
5'8" 19 5/8" 2 9/16" 31
5'10" 20" 2 5/8" 33.5
6'0" 20 1/2" 2 11/16" 36
6'2" 21" 2 3/4" 39
6'4" 21 1/4" 2 13/16" 41.5
6'6" 21 1/2" 2 7/8" 44
6'9" 22" 2 7/8" 47
Available for delivery
6'0 DragonFly for £540