Principle Features of the Maluku Lane Changer
• Construction: Traditional PU (PU blank x polyester resin)
• Shaper: Bill Attlee
• Outline: Full and fishy in the nose, then a very sleek, pulled-in tail, giving the outline a slightly retro look
• Tail: Rounded pin
• Rocker: Low-moderate entry rocker for smooth and swift paddling, moderate exit (tail) rocker to encourage tight turns in the pocket
• Fin Set-Up: FCS11 5-fin
• Bottom Shape: Concave nose to double concave with ‘V’ in the tail.
• Fin System: FCS II (thruster fins included)
• Suitable Conditions: 2–8ft... the Lane Changer's a legit all-rounder, as the name suggests.
• Rider Ability: Intermediate to advanced.
The Lane Changer is a surfboard of two halves: wide, forgiving, fulsome in the front, then slender and bladey and fine-tuned for performance in the back. It’s this combination of volume under the chest and refinement under the back foot that enables it to “change lanes” at will.
Often described as ‘modern retro,’ the retro part is in the outline where the wide point, and thickness is further forward pushing out the width in the nose, then back to a straighter pulled in outline shape to a relatively narrow round pintail. The modern bit is the rocker line which is more progressive than its heritage and rails and bottom shape which you would see on a contemporary performance shortboard.
Surf the Lane Changer shorter than you would normally expect for the best results. The Lane Changer is a rocket that you can push about on the steepest wave faces.
The Lane Changer is supplied with a set of FCS11 Thruster and Rear Quad fins. Maybe surf as a thruster on open faced clean waves and as a quad when the conditions are a bit more gnarly for a bit more control and drawn-out lines.
Always worth experimenting with your fin set up and you may well benefit from a fin upgrade after a few sessions. Contact us for advice on board sizes that suit you and any other questions you may have.
Here's a video made by the Surfdome team:
Length Width Thickness Volume (Ltr)
5'8 " x 20" x 2 5/8" x 32.5
5'10" x 20 1/4" x 2 5/8" x 33.5
6'0" x 20 1/2" x 2 3/4" x 36.5
6'2" x 20 3/4" x 2 13/16" x 39.0
6'4" x 21" x 2 7/8" x 42.0
6'6" x 21 1/2"x 2 15/16" x 45.5
Available for delivery:
5'10 Lane Changer for £540