Principle Features of the Aura Surfboard:
• Rider Ability: Beginner to expert
• Suitable Conditions: 1-8ft – basically it’s a great everyday board, well-suited to most conditions you’re likely to encounter.
• Construction: PU (polyurethane blank glassed with polyester resin)
• Outline: Mid-length board with gentle curves
• Fin System: Quad FCS II + central single fin box
• Quad FCS11 Fins included excluding the central fin.
• Nose: A pulled in, hull-shaped nose to allow for improved manoeuvrability compared to a traditional mal shape
• Bottom shape: Rolled ‘V’ in the nose softer roll in the middle, flat ‘V’ in the tail
• Rail Shape: Boxy medium thin tapered to thin in the tail.
• Tail: Round / thumb-squash – a super versatile tail that's perfect for long, drawn out turns and speed down the line
The Aura is based on the Escape Trim which Bill Attlee designed in 2016. Neither a long shortboard nor a short longboard, the Aura has been specifically designed as a mid-length surfboard – it paddles fast and catches waves with uncanny ease, trims like a dream. It boasts excellent glide, carrying heaps of speed over flat sections and drawing clean, soulful lines, but is also highly manoeuvrable, amenable to tight arcs and a more rail-to-rail approach.
Suitable for most abilities and wave conditions, the Aura's an extremely versatile option. You might be a longboarder in need of a compact ride able to take on bigger faces; a disillusioned shortboarder seeking a higher wave count or some more volume and glide in smaller waves; or a learner moving down from a standard mini-mal and aiming to progress your surfing ability in all wave types. Perhaps you’re just feeling a little retro-curious and want your first proper responsive mid-length? This board is multifaceted and endlessly adaptable.
Surf the Aura off the back foot and take advantage of those thin tail rails for more aggressive turns, or if you want to get it trimming down the line you can cruise from further forward – the Aura will let you catch waves with minimum foot movement if required. It now comes in an earthy tint, underlining its mystical wave-magnet powers.
The Aura comes with a 10” centre box and four FCS II fin boxes, meaning you can plug in and go surfing straight out of the box – we supply the board with a set of FCS II black quad fins. We'd recommend riding it as a quad or a single fin (with a 9" fin or similar), but you can also surf the Aura as a thruster with a 3.5” to 6” centre fin, with the larger side fins in the front position. As a cruiser 2+1 with a 5.5”to 7.5” centre fin and the smaller side fins in the front position. Moving the centre fin forwards and back will make a big difference to how the board surfs so play around and have fun.
For any advice on size choices or any other questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
Height Width Thickness Volume (Ltr)
6'10" x 21" x 2 3/4" x 44 litres
7'3" x 21 1/2" x 2 15/16" x 51 litres
7'6" x 22" x 2 15/16" x 54 litres
8'0 x 22 5/8" x 3" x 62 litres
Available right now
8ft for £695