Principle Features of the Maluku Joystick.
• Outline: Extended torpedo shaped outline with narrow round pin tail
• Construction: Pu foam blank polyester resin laminate, 1 x 4oz glass Bottom with patches, 2 x 4oz deck
• Rails: Medium volume performance through the mid-section, low and thin in the tail, higher in the nose.
• Foil: Volume concentrated under your chest with refined nose and tail.
• Rocker: Medium high nose rocker, flatter midsection to medium high tail lift
• Bottom Shape: ‘V’ nose to concave midsection to ‘V’ with double concave in the tail
• Fin Setup: Centre box with FCS11 side bites
• Deco: Yellow deck and rails, white bottom.
The Joystick is based on the Bill Attlee designed Escape Flight which was in the Maluku range as the Satu a few years ago. So, the boards pedigree has its DNA traceable to classic single fin surfboards which were such a big part of Bills early surfing experience. In the process of extending the Flight dimensions; the tail, bottom, and rocker shapes have been modified to allow the surfer to ride the board a bit further forward than you would proportionally be on the shorter Flight models.
Joystick by name and Joystick by nature, super smooth and super performance from this rocket of a board. Great natural paddle speed between the waves on the way out with lower volume in the nose for ease of passing white water. That natural board speed gets you into the wave early and the nose shape helps you make the latest drops.
The narrow round pin tail shape is perfect for keeping you in control doing the tightest turns in the steepest sections.
For some their Joystick will be the grovel board for surfing waves that don’t quite make the grade for performance riding while for others the Joystick is the ‘hell board’ for bigger days when catching the big drop early and making fast sections is the word. That solid down the line no messing speed will ease you through the pits and over the troughs. Heavy top and bottom turns and floats off the white water these are the things that get the heart pumping. Ask us for the best size to suit you.
The Joystick comes with FCS11 side bites in the package so you’ll need a centre fin either a bigger one as single fin or maybe slightly smaller if you will be surfing your Joystick as a cruiser (2+1). We have a selection of centre fins to choose from.
The Joystick comes in these dimensions:
Length Width Thickness Volume (Ltr)
6'10" x 21" x 2 11/16" x 44.0
7'2" x 21 1/4" x 2 3/4" x 48.5
7'6" x 21 1/2" x 2 7/8" x 54.0
7'10" x 21 3/4" x 3" x 58.5
We have available for delivery these sizes:
7’2 Joystick Yellow Deck and Rails £614
7’6 Joystick Yellow Deck and Rails £649